31 January 2007

It appears that this blog has caught the attention of the DragonFlyBSD digest... Which is all fine and good except that this project is just a bunch of non-working code so far. Sorry guys, it's vapor right now!
Right now, I am thinking of how to simulate OS/2's legacy 16bit APIs without actually needing any 16bit code - although I don't intend to support any 16bit code segments, so all IOPL stuff won't work but things which used ioctls like Holger Veit's fastio$ may be supported. (isn't it silly that IBM never followed through and introduced the 32bit clean console APIs - MOU/KBD/VIO - from their aborted OS/2 PowerPC project but they did port GRADD).
Anyways, back on topic - for anyone reading this - there is no working code yet. Once I have something to show, I'll provide a link to a website where the code will be published. I plan to use a BSD style license.

No comments: